Sep 20, 2023
- DAC Gives Nod to Rs.45,000 Crores Worth Proposals for Defence The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), in its meeting on 15th September 2023, under the chairmanship of Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, granted Acceptance of Necessity (AoN) for capital acquisition proposals of various weapons systems and platforms amounting to Rs 45,000 crore ($5.41 billion). These proposals further strive to strengthen the operational capabilities of the Indian Defence Forces and increase the incorporation of indigenous content in defence projects.
- Unified Portal for Agricultural Statistics Launches to Provide Credible Data on Agriculture Sector Professor Ramesh Chand, Member of National Institution for Transforming India(NITI) Aayog, launched Unified Portal for Agricultural Statistics (UPAg) developed by Department of Agriculture and Farmers' Welfare(DoA&FW), under the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare(MoA&FW) to address data related governance challenges in agriculture. Unified Portal for Agricultural Statistics(UPAg) is an advanced agricultural data management platform that generates crop estimates and integrates with other systems providing Agriculture Statistics such as Price, Trade, Procurement, and Stock.
- Karnataka's Sacred Ensembles of the Hoysalas & West Bengal's Santiniketan Inscribed on UNESCO's World Heritage List Santiniketan in West Bengal(WB) and Sacred Ensembles of the Hoysalas in Karnataka were inscribed on the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) World Heritage list. Santiniketan is the 41st and Sacred Ensembles of the Hoysalas is the 42nd World Heritage site in India. Both were listed under the Cultural heritage category. This was announced during the 45th extended session of the World Heritage Committee of UNESCO being held in Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia from 10 to 25 September 2023.
BANKING & FINANCE (NEWS):
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Introduces Maxima Savings Account, Business Maxima Current Account Ujjivan Small Finance Bank Limited (Ujjivan SFB) has launched the Maxima Savings Account and Business Maxima Current Account which is designed exclusively for medium and large business entities. Both the accounts offer a RuPay Select Debit Card that provides access to wellness services, exclusive merchant offers, airport lounge access, and a premium health checkup. Annual interest rate on the Maxima Savings Account up to 7.5%.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS (NEWS):
- NHAI Signs Agreement to Develop Multi Modal Logistics Park at Bengaluru National Highways Logistics Management Ltd (NHLML), has signed an agreement for the development of Multi Modal Logistics Park (MMLP) in at Muddelinganahalli in Bengaluru, Karnataka.The agreement was signed between the Government Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) Bengaluru MMLP Private Limited and Concessionaire SPV PATH Bengaluru Logistics Park Pvt. Ltd. Bengaluru MMLP is a Government SPV incorporated between NHLML, Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) and Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB). NHLML is the subsidiary of the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS (NEWS):
- 33rd First Annual Ig Nobel Prize 2023: Team Including Indian Researcher Won 2023 Ig Nobel prize The 2023 Ig Nobel Prizes were awarded at the 33rd First Annual Ig Nobel Prize ceremony, on September 14, 2023. The Ig Nobel Prize is the prize for humorous scientific feats and aims to "honour achievements that first make people laugh, and then make them think." A team of scientists from India, China, Malaysia, and the United States of America (USA) has won the 2023 Ig Nobels, in the 'Mechanical Engineering' category for re-animating dead spiders and using them as mechanical gripping tools.
- India Wins the 16th Edition of Asia Cup 2023 Finals Defeatin Sri Lanka India have lifted the Asia Cup for a record-extending eighth time after beating defending champions Sri Lanka in the Finals of Asia Cup 2023, at R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The 16th Edition of Asia Cup 2023 was Co-hosted by Sri Lanka as well as Pakistan for the 1st time from 31 August to 17 September 2023. With eight Asia Cup titles (seven ODI and one T201), India becomes the most successful team in the history of tournament. Man of the Match (Final)- Mohammed Siraj • Man of the Series- Kuldeep Yadav.
IMPORTANT DAYS (NEWS):
- World Patient Safety Day 2023- September 17 World Health Organization's (WHO) World Patient Safety Day is annually observed worldwide on 17 September to spread worldwide awareness about patient safety and promote actions to improve the safety of healthcare practices across the world. The theme of WPSD 2023 observed on 17th September 2023 is "Engaging patients for patient safety". The slogan of WPSD 2023 is "Elevate the voice of patients!". The 2023 theme emphasises the pivotal role patients, families, and caregivers play in ensuring the safety of healthcare practices.