Nov 20, 2023
- 11 lakh children in India missed 1st Measles shot in 2022: WHO-USCDC Report. According to "Progress Toward Measles Elimination- Worldwide, 2000-2022", a new report released by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United States (US) Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), around 11 lakh children in India missed their Measles-containing-vaccine first-dose (MCV1) in 2022.Globally, India is featured among the top 10 countries with highest number of children who missed their 1st dose.In 2022, 37 countries that witnessed large or disruptive outbreaks where India reported around 40,967 measles.
- Dr. S Jaishankar, India's External Affairs Minister (EAM) has signed two agreements with the Italian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs Antonio Tajani to boost youth mobility & cultural exchange during his two-day visit to Italy on 2nd-3rd November 2023.Signed Agreements: The Mobility and Migration Partnership Agreement to enable seamless movement of workers, students and professionals. The Executive Programme on Cultural Cooperation(EPCC) agreement for the period 2023- 27. Through EPCC, Italy and India will undergo multiple cultural exchange programs including exchange of students in language programmes and other academic courses.
BANKING & FINANCE (NEWS):
- RBI Approves Appointment of Isha Ambani, Anshuman Thakur & Hitesh Sethia as Directors of Jio Financial Services. On 15th November 2023, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has granted approval for the appointment of Isha Ambani, Anshuman Thakur, and Hitesh Kumar Sethia as Directors of Jio Financial Services Limited, a Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) backed by Reliance Industries Limited(RIL). The approval is valid for only 6 months with effect from the 15th November 2023.Recent RBI Updates: RBI Strengthens Regulations on Consumer Lending, Mandates Higher Capital Buffers for Banks and NBFCs.RBI Allows Banks to Open Current Accounts for Export Proceeds Alongside Special Rupee Vostro Accounts.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS (NEWS):
- T-Hub unveils T-Bridge and T-Scale on Its 8th Foundation Day. As a part of its 8th Foundation Day (16th November 2023), Telangana government led incubator, Technology Hub (T-Hub) unveiled two flagship initiatives: T-Bridge and T-Scale, aimed at further propelling the growth and success of Indian startups. T-Bridge: It is the International Wing of T-Hub, designed to facilitate global market access for startups and enable them to expand their reach beyond India's borders. T-Scale: It is a collaborative program with Factoryal Business Incubator Private Limited that will guide 25 promising startups through a 12-month journey to Series-A funding readiness. T-Hub, which was incorporated in 2015, is a premier innovation hub and ecosystem enabler which is headquartered in Hyderabad, Telangana.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS (NEWS):
- Ashok Vaswani Appointed as Director and MD & CEO and Key Managerial Personnel of KMBL for 3 Years. Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited (KMBL) has appointed Ashok Vaswani as a Director, Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and Key Managerial Personnel of the Bank, for 3 years, with effect from January 1, 2024.The appointment received approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in October 2023.He will succeed Dipak Gupta, whose term as the MD & CEO, and Key Managerial Personnel of KMBL ends on December 31, 2023.
ACQUISITIONS & MERGERS (NEWS):
- RBI Approves Hinduja Group Entity Acquisition of Reliance Capital. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved the resolution plan for debt-ridden Reliance Capital, and enabled Hinduja Group entity IndusInd International Holdings Ltd (IIHL) to acquire Reliance Capital.The Administrator of Reliance Capital received a "No objection" from the RBI on November 17, 2023.IIHL emerged as the highest bidder in the second round of the auction, offering Rs 9,650 crore to take over Reliance Capital.
IMPORTANT DAYS (NEWS):
- National Naturopathy Day 2023- November 18. National Naturopathy Day is annually observed across India on 18 November, to promote positive mental and physical health through a drugless medicine system called 'Naturopathy'.18 November 2023 marks the observance of the 6th National Naturopathy Day.The annual observance of the day is led by the Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy), Government of India.The 2023 theme of National Naturopathy Day is, "Naturopathy for Holistic Health."