Jun 23, 2022
- PM Narendra Modi visited Bengaluru to inaugurate Various Projects; participates in Mass Yoga Demonstration. The Prime Minister (PM) of India, Narendra Modi was on a two-day visit to Bengaluru, Karnataka to lay the foundation stone of multiple rail and road infrastructure projects worth over Rs 27000 crore. He also led the Mass Yoga Demonstration at Mysore Palace ground, Mysuru on the occasion of 8th International Day of Yoga (June 21, 2022) which was held on the theme 'Yoga for Humanity'. The PM Dedicated to the Nation, India's first Air Conditioned Railway Station - Sir M Visvesvaraya Railway Station at Baiyappanahalli.
- MCA notifies National Financial Reporting Authority Amendment Rules 2022. The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has amended the National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA) Rules 2018 with 'NFRA Amendment Rules 2022. This applies to offences for which penalty is not specified elsewhere in the law. It also drops a reference to section 450 of the Companies Act which specifies a cap of Rs 200,000 in the case of a company and Rs 50,000 for an officer in default or any other person for offences that persist.
- Gujarat becomes India's 1st State to launch Balika Panchayat. Gujarat has become India's first-ever State to launch Balika Panchayat (girl Panchayat) to promote the social and political development of girl children and to eliminate the evil practices, such as child marriage and the dowry system, from society. To address the female adolescent issues, of the girls, by the girls, for the girls and to develop leadership qualities in the girls for future panchayat polls.
- SRS Data: India's Life Expectancy at Birth Increases to 69.7; Still Below Global Average of 72.6. According to the data from Sample Registration System (SRS)-Abridged Life Tables 2015-2019, released by the Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India's life expectancy at birth has increased up to 69.7 from 2015-2019 period and is still lower than the global average of 72.6. India has increased its life expectancy at birth by 20 years, from 49.7 in 1970-75 to 69.7 in 2015-2019.
- WGC report: India Ranks 4th in Gold Recycling with Refining Capacity of 1,800 tonnes. According to the World Gold Council (WGC) report titled 'Gold refining and recycling,' India has ranked 4th in global gold recycling in 2021 recycling 75 tons, or 6.5 per cent of the total gold recycled across the globe. The report estimates that between 2013 and 2021, India's gold refining capacity has increased by 1500 tonnes (500%) to 1800 tonnes.
BANKING & FINANCE (NEWS):-
- RBI extends Deadline by 3 months to October 1 2022 for Implementing Card Rules. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) extended the timeline for implementation of certain provisions of the master directions it issued on issuance of debit cards and credit cards by three months from July 1, 2022 to October 1, 2022. This extension will provide more time to card issuers to implement the three provisions as part of RBI's new regulatory guidelines for issuing credit and debit cards.
- CARD91 Partners with YES BANK & RuPay to Help Simplify Payment Management. CARD91, a Bengaluru (Karnataka)-based global payment infrastructure facilitating B2B (business-to-business) payments, announced a strategic partnership with YES BANK and RuPay, the flagship product of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). With this partnership, businesses will be able to introduce a range of co-branded card instruments and maintain a real-time dashboard to provide insights by employing the scalable CARD91 infrastructure.
- South Indian Bank Launches EXIM Trade Portal, 'SIB TF Online'. South Indian Bank (SIB) has introduced a new portal named "SIB TF Online", for its corporate EXIM (Export-Import) customers. The 'SIB TF Online' portal facilitates a platform for trade-related payments to foreign entities remotely. Significance SIB TF Online is hosted on the home page of Corporate Internet Banking (SIBerNet) and will allow corporates to transact 24x7 in a secure and paperless manner.
- Max Life Partners with Policybazaar to Launch Life Insurance Savings Plan. Max Life Insurance Company Limited partnered with Policybazaar.com to launch the 'Max Life Smart Fixed-return Digital Plan', a non-linked, non-participating, short-term individual life insurance savings plan with a minimum policy tenure of 5 years. The policy offers guaranteed tax-free returns up to 6.14% along with life cover protection at a monthly premium of Rs.3000. The policy can be purchased on both Max Life's website and Policybazaar.com.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS (NEWS):-
- Odisha's Shreya Lenka becomes 1st Indian K-pop artiste. Shreya Lenka (Stage-name Sriya), 18 years old from Odisha, India has become the first-ever k-pop artiste from India. She is one of the 2 new members to join the South Korean girl group called "Black Swan" formed by DR Music.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS (NEWS):-
- Ruchira Kamboj appointed as India's Permanent Representative to the United Nations (UN) in New York. She is the 1st female Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Bhutan and will succeed T S Tirumurti as the Indian ambassador to the UN. Ruchira Kamboj is a 1987-batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer, presently serving as India's envoy to Bhutan. She was the All India women's topper of the 1987 Civil Services batch and the topper of the 1987 Foreign Service batch.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY (NEWS):-
- South Korea launches its first 1st Honegrown rocket – Nuri. South Korea launched its first indigenously built space rocket - Korea Satellite Launch Vehicle (KSLV) II, called as "Nuri", from Naro Space Center at a launch site in Goheung, Jeollanam-do-Province, South Korea. In Korean, the word Nuri means 'world'.
- Indian javelin ace Neeraj Chopra won Gold at Kuortane Games 2022, Finland. Indian javelin ace and Olympic Gold Medalist Neeraj Chopra has won gold medal by winning the Javelin throw event (86.69 meters) at the Kuortane Games 2022, Finland. This marks the first top podium finish of the season.
IMPORTANT DAYS (NEWS):-
- UN's First International Day for Countering Hate Speech. The United Nations (UN) observed the first-ever annual International Day for Countering Hate Speech. The day aims to highlight the exponential spread and proliferation of hate speech across the globe.
- Indian Army's Northern Command celebrates 51st Raising Day. The Northern Command of the Indian Army celebrated its 51st Raising Day at its headquarters in Udhampur district, Jammu Kashmir (J&K).